Fiber cement siding is a new siding material quickly gaining popularity. It looks like natural wood siding, which many homeowners still prefer without the higher cost of a natural siding product. Fiber cement siding cost is low compared to other siding materials, and the siding can last up to 50 years or longer with proper care and maintenance. Choose EC Roofing for professional fiber cement siding installation in Baltimore to ensure proper installation.
At EC Roofing, we have over over 30 years of experience working with homeowners to repair or replace their home siding. We will work with the type of siding that best fits your style and budget. Our installation technicians have experience installing all types of siding, including fiber cement, vinyl, and wood siding. If you are considering using fiber cement siding to update the look of your home, call 410-455-9880 today for a free estimate.
How Much Does Fiber Cement Siding Cost?
A lot goes into determining the total fiber cement siding cost. It can run anywhere from $5.00 – $13.50 per square foot, with a 2,000 square foot home costing between $10,000 – $27,000. To determine the total cost, you need to consider the following:
- Total square footage
- Type of siding
- Labor costs
- Additional insulation
Fiber cement siding costs are similar to wood siding but have higher installation costs. Fiber cement is a mixture of cement, sand, and cellulose fibers. It is heavier than other siding materials and can come in planks, shingles, and flat boards for vertical installations. Fiber cement has a low r-value insulation rating and will need additional insulation to stop some of the heat transfer.
At EC Roofing, we suggest having our professional installation team install your fiber cement siding to ensure you get the maximum life out of your new fiber cement siding. Call today for a free estimate.
The Benefits of Fiber Cement Siding
Fiber cement siding comes with many benefits and disadvantages, just like every other type of siding. Fiber cement will require additional insulation to reduce heating and cooling bills and has a higher installation cost. Despite this, fiber cement siding’s benefits far outweigh the disadvantages.
Here are just some of the benefits of fiber cement siding:
- Longer life span – Fiber cement siding is one of the longest-lasting siding materials with a 50+ year lifespan.
- Versatility in style and colors – Fiber cement sidings come in various colors and styles. It can match the look of wood grain or stucco at a fraction of the cost, and you can mix the size and shape of panels for a unique look.
- Fiber cement is fire resistant – One safety benefit of fiber cement is it will not catch fire like other siding materials.
- Weather-resistant – Fiber cement siding is durable and can take impact from hail and wind-driven debris. It is not affected by moisture that can lead to warping or cracking, which is common in some siding materials.
- Low cost – Fiber cement siding is cheaper than wood, metal, and other sidings with a lower maintenance cost.
- Eco-friendly – Fiber cement is made from various products and puts less strain on our natural resources, like wood. Since it is a product made from natural materials, no toxins are released as the material breaks down like vinyl siding.
EC Roofing Can Help You Determine Your Fiber Cement Siding Cost for New Installations
Since 1992, EC Roofing has helped homeowners in Baltimore and surrounding areas with professional siding installation and other home services. We will come out and thoroughly inspect your home and provide you with a free estimate on installing your new fiber cement siding.
If you are considering new siding and want to know the fiber cement siding cost, call 410-455-9880 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff about our fiber cement siding installation in Baltimore.